It’s the policy of the facility to ensure safe visitation to our residents consistent with the resident
“Bill of Rights” F.S.429.28. In addition, to educate employees and visitors of residents on procedures related to infection control, screening, personal protective equipment, and other infection control protocols.
- This Facility will ensure that in person visitation will be allowed in all the following
circumstances unless the resident objects:
- End-of-life situations.
- A resident who was living with family before being admitted to the Facility is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
- The resident is making one or more major medical decisions.
- A resident is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
- A resident needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or a caregiver.
- A resident who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
- The administrator is designated as the person responsible for ensuring that staff adhere to the visitation policies and procedures.
- The resident may also designate a visitor who is a family member, friend, guardian, or other individual as an essential caregiver. The essential caregiver is allowed to have in-person visitation for at least 2 hours daily in addition to any other visitation authorized by the Facility but doesn’t have to provide necessary care.
- The facility will respect the right of the resident to determine the number of visitors he/she would like to have at any given time during the 9am-9pm visiting hours.
- The Facility will designate a staff member to support infection control and prevention by providing information on the visitation policy to the visitors.
- Visitation will be from 9am-9pm, at a minimum. Visitors requesting to come any other time need to make arrangements with the administrator or designee in advance.
- The facility will not require visitors to provide proof of vaccination.
- All visitors must have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- All visitors must sign in and out at the reception desk/table.
- All visitors must wear a visitor badge.
- All visitors will be asked to wear a mask for the duration of their visit and/or all necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
- Visits will be done throughout the building.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- All visitors will be asked to agree in writing to follow this policy.
- The facility may suspend in-person visitation of a specific visitor if the visitor violates the provider’s policy and procedures on visitation.